The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
Telepsychiatry (online video) appointments (no in-person visits)
Services for Adults and Adolescents Age 12 and Older
Comprehensive Psychiatric and Wellness Evaluations
- Psychotherapy (Individual, Group, Family, Couples)
Medical Evaluation (laboratory testing, care coordination with primary care and specialists)
Neuropsychological and Psychiatric Testing
Health Education and Coaching
Medical Marijuana Patient Certification (New York residents only)
CBD Oil and THC-A Oil Patient Certification (Virginia residents only)
- Nutritional Counseling
Diet and Exercise Counseling and Treatment Plans
Psychiatric Consultative Evaluations
Issues We Treat
- Bipolar Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma and PTSD
Borderline Personality Disorder
- Mood Disturbances
- Sleeping Difficulties
- Sexuality and Identity Issues
- Medical and Health Concerns
- Grief and Loss
- Work and Career Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Relationship Issues
Focus sessions are used to follow up and track your response to treatment after your initial evaluation. Common reasons for focus sessions include evaluation of response to changes in medication, health coaching, monitoring of progress, to review test results, and for general support. Focus sessions can also be used for brief psychotherapy, however full sessions are better for longer psychotherapy needs. Many issues can be resolved within 10 focus sessions and we offer a discounted package deal if sessions are purchased in advance. The recommended frequency of follow up sessions varies based on specific needs, but can range from weekly to every 3 months.
Full sessions are also used to follow up and track your response to treatment after your initial evaluation. However, they are twice as long as focus sessions and hence provide more time for in-depth psychotherapy. Full sessions are also recommended for adolescents as the time can also be used for family therapy and communication. In addition to psychotherapy, full sessions can be used to evaluate your response to changes in medication, health coaching, monitoring of progress, to review test results, and for general support. Many issues can be resolved within 10 full sessions and we offer a discounted package deal if sessions are purchased in advance. The recommended frequency of follow up sessions varies based on specific needs, but can range from weekly to every 3 months.
We are very excited to offer group therapy sessions at a very discounted rate so that all of our patients can have an affordable option for therapy! Our current group therapy sessions are offered as weekly online video sessions and focus on Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. To participate in group sessions, all patients must first have their initial comprehensive psychiatric and wellness evaluation.
Other Services and Fees
We charge an additional fee for administrative work outside of your appointment time, which exceeds more than 5 minutes. This includes: phone calls (to you, providers or family and friends); responding to emails or direct messages; scanning or faxing; document preparation for a third party (attorney, employer, etc.); medical record handling; completion of any paperwork/forms; and obtaining any prior authorizations for medications or treatment. Time is billed in quarter-hour increments. Other administrative fees include: $50 fee for a bounced/returned check; $50 fee to refill a prescription between appointments; appointment rescheduling/cancellation fee of 50% if less than 48 hours, and 100% if less than 24 hours.
We offer emergency psychiatric services for individuals who are in crisis. Please note that some situations may require a higher level of care such as calling 911 or visiting an emergency room.
Consultations with Dr. Campbell
Dr. Campbell is a board certified holistic psychiatrist with dual fellowships in Public and Emergency Psychiatry from Columbia University. She has years of experience working in partnerships with patients to avoid, reduce or stop their psychiatric medications. Dr. Campbell has experience using multiple types of holistic interventions including: psychotherapy, vitamins/supplements, CBD, dietary changes, mindfulness, meditation and yoga. She is a prolific writer/blogger, certified health coach, yoga teacher and serves on the Editorial Board for Medscape/WebMD. Dr. Campbell is the founder of two successful non-profit organizations: Free Range Psychiatry in Virginia and Faces in Between in New York City. She offers a wide range of consultative services and has consulted for multiple patients, lawyers, clinicians and businesses.
Consulting for Clinicians
- Learn how to develop integrative/holistic treatment plans for your patients/clients
- Learn about drug-free alternatives to address symptoms or side effects to medications
- Obtain guidance on safely titrating patients off of medications
- Learn how to utilize CBD to safely treat anxiety, substance abuse and psychosis
Learn about ways to discover the root causes of patients’ symptoms
Discover how to use motivational interviewing and other techniques to help empower your patients to take charge of their own health
- Obtain a second opinion on your diagnosis and treatment plan
- Discuss suggestions for drug-free approaches to healing your mental and emotional struggles
- Obtain support and guidance on working with your physician to minimize or discontinue your psychiatric medications
- Discuss potential root causes that may be causing or worsening your mental health symptoms
- Get feedback on optimizing your current lifestyle choices such as nutrition or fitness
- Learn ways to talk to friends or loved ones about their mental health struggles
*Not for establishing care
- Learn how to start or convert your practice into a telemedicine/telepsychiatry model
Obtain guidance on selecting an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other technical systems such as online scheduling, payment processing and a video platform
- Learn about designing a smooth and efficient telemedicine work flow
- Learn how to create and maintain a 100% paperless practice
- Help with navigating licensing, prescribing and telemedicine laws
- Get tips on attracting patients from all over your state or in multiple states
- Obtain guidance on building an effective and attractive website and optimizing your SEO
Private Practice Consulting
- Learn how to market yourself/your business and attract your ideal patients/clients
- Obtain guidance on minimizing your overhead to 10% or less to reduce your hours and maximize profit
- Learn about common business pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Obtain guidance on selecting a payment model and attracting self-pay clients/patients
- Learn how to drastically reduce your administrative burden and spend all your time actually seeing patients
Consulting for Non-Profits
- Learn how to determine if a non-profit organization is the right business structure for you
- Learn about the steps involved in forming a non-profit organization
- Learn how to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of being a non-profit organization
- Obtain guidance on growing a successful non-profit organization and earning a good salary
- Learn about creative ways to engage volunteers to work for your non-profit organization
- Find out how to get your student loans forgiven while working for your own non-profit organization
Packages and Gift Cards
Are you ready to commit to improving your mental health and well-being? Save money and purchase one of our treatment packages! Many of the issues that we treat can be addressed within 10 follow-up sessions. However, please keep in mind that some individuals will need additional sessions or longer treatment.
Great for patients who are receiving therapy
- Ten 50-minute full sessions
For adults or adolescents
Great for patients who just need brief sessions
Ten 25-minute focus sessions
For adults or adolescents
We wanted to offer more ways to access our care and hence we’re excited to offer Free Range Psychiatry gift cards! Gift cards are available in $100, $200, $300, and $400 denominations or you can create your own for any amount you desire (including for the price of one of our treatment packages). Give the gift of mental health and wellness to yourself or someone special in your life!
Free Range Psychiatry is not in-network with any health insurance providers. You can read more about why we chose this model here. All of our psychiatrists are “out-of-network providers” and hence you may be able to get up to 90% of our fees reimbursed by your insurance. We can provide you with a form to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. In addition, you may use your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or HSA (Health Savings Account) to pay for our services, however you should contact your fund administrator to learn more about this option. Lastly, you may be able to include our fees as a medical expense as part of your itemized deductions on your tax return. You can learn more about all of these options here.