We realize that people interested in our services want to know about our fees and if their insurance will cover the costs. To start, you can find a full listing of our fees on our Services and Fees page. As for how much your health insurance plan will cover, that varies based on your specific plan. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for your visits with us except for Medicare. Please note that if you have Medicare, you will not be eligible for reimbursement, and we will need you to sign a private contract with us so that we can provide services to you. You may also use your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or HSA (Health Savings Account) to pay for our services, however you should contact your fund administrator to learn more about this option. Additionally, you may be able to include our fees as a medical expense as part of your itemized deductions on your tax return. Below is some information to help you determine your total costs.
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS
In order to provide you with the highest quality of care, Free Range Psychiatry is an “out-of-network provider.” This means that Dr. Campbell is not in-network with any health insurance companies. You can read about why Dr. Campbell does not participate with health insurance plans here. Since we do not directly bill health insurance plans, we expect your payment for our services up front at the time of your visit. However, if you do have health insurance coverage, you may be able to get reimbursed by your insurance company. This means that you would submit a form (from your health insurance company) along with an itemized receipt (we will happily provide one to you) to your insurance company, and then they will reimburse you for the money you spent (they will mail you a check). Please note that we value keeping your health records completely confidential, however if you are submitting a claim to your insurance company, we are then required to inform them of your diagnosis and type of treatment that we are providing.
Health insurance companies all vary in the coverage that they provide. In order to find out your specific benefits, we recommend that YOU CALL YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY BEFORE YOUR FIRST VISIT (the number should be on the back of your card). When you make that call, we recommend that you ask the following questions:
- What are my medical/mental health benefits to see a psychiatrist?
- Do I need an authorization for mental health treatment and if so, how do I obtain it?
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for mental health?
- Do I have a deductible for mental health services and if so, how much?
- At what rate will I be reimbursed for mental health services (the usual range is 50% to 80%)?
- What is your claims address?
- How do I submit a claim?
You also may want to ask to what extent your health insurance plan reimburses for the following common psychiatric services:
- CPT CODE: 90792 (Psychiatric Diagnostic Evaluation with Medical Services)
- CPT CODE: 90832 (30 Minute Individual Psychotherapy)
- CPT CODE: 90833 (30 Minute Psychotherapy and Medication Management session)
- CPT CODE: 90837 (60 Minute Individual Psychotherapy)
- CPT CODE: 90838 (60 Minute Psychotherapy and Medication Management Session)
WANT TO SKIP THE HASSLE OF CALLING YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND FILLING OUT FORMS? CLICK ON THE CLAIMLY LINK BELOW!
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
While we do not know what your specific health insurance benefits are, we are happy to help answer any questions you have related to this process. Please feel free to email us at info@FreeRangePsychiatry.com and we will do our best to help!